You need to purchase the event ticket before submitting a Poster.
Please log in with your credentials in the form on the right.
Remember the abstract submission deadline end on August 30th!
A new amazing prize for DDS Call for Posters!
We are happy to announce the call for the submission of Abstracts for the e-Poster Session of the 2023 Digital Dentistry Society (DDS) Global Congress, to be held in Casablanca, Morocco, from 12 to 14 October 2023.
Researchers and Clinicians who will submit their Abstracts and have it accepted for Oral Presentation will have the opportunity to present their results in a 7 minutes short lecture in front of a panel of experts selected by the Digital Dentistry Society.
The Oral Presentations will take place on Thursday 12th October, from 9am to 1pm.
The three best Oral Presentations per category will be awarded with a prize of 1500€, 1000€ and 500€ respectively, with a special mention during the Congress Gala Dinner, on Friday 13th November.
In addition, all accepted Abstracts will be published in the Proceedings of the Digital Dentistry Society (DDS) Global Congress, a thematic issue of the Journal of Dentistry (Elsevier, Q1, indexed Pubmed, Impact Factor 4.4, Citescore 7), the flagship journal of the Society. All published Abstracts will be indexed in Scopus.
ZEISS Eyemag Smart medical loupe
• Great image clarity and depth of field over the entire treatment area
• A range of settings for flexible tilt and angle views. When magnification is not needed, the loupe can simply be flipped up, offering the wearer an unobstructed view
• A comfortable, ergonomic working position
• With 2.5x magnification
• With titanium eyeglass frame
• Abstract Submissions must be performed online, using the e-Poster Portal provided immediately after registration to the Congress.
• The Abstracts must be submitted under one of the following categories: Basic Research or Clinical Applications.
• Name and surname of the authors, including their affiliation, must be written in the appropriate templates; a valid email address must be provided for the Presenter.
• No more than four authors are allowed per submission.
• All abstracts must be written in a clearly intelligible English language, must be concise (maximum 250 words) and structured into Purpose, Methods, Results and Conclusions.
Four to six keywords must be provided.
• The deadline for Abstract submission is August 30th 2023.
• The Presenters of the accepted e-Posters will be notified by email by the Digital Dentistry Sociey (DDS) Scientific Committee, not later than September 15th.
• After having received the Notification of Abstract Acceptance, the Presenters will receive a template in pptx for the preparation of the e-Poster.
• The e-Poster must be prepared following the guidelines embedded in the template, saved in pdf format and sent back by email to the Scientific Committee no later than September 30th 2023.
1. Projects being submitted must be original research.
2. Individuals can co-author multiple abstracts.
3. Presenter must disclose any personal or co-author potential conflict of interest.
4. Previously published abstracts (in print or any electronic format) or those presented at another meeting are not allowed.
5. Authors of presentations later proven to contain previously published or presented material will be sanctioned and may be prohibited from presenting at future meetings.
6. You must receive the approval of all co-authors before putting their names on the abstract.
2. Abstract text word limit: 300 words
3. Suggested font: Tahoma, size 10 cpi
4. Text justification: full
5. Spacing between the title, the author(s) and the abstract text: Single
6. Line spacing of the text: Single
7. Abstract title: Abstract titles are limited to 10 words or less. The title should be dynamic and conclusive, rather than descriptive, and should be entered in title case format, AP format. In general, you should capitalize the first letter of each word unless it is a preposition or article. Do italicize scientific names of organisms such as streptococci or candida. Titles should not be bold.
8. Surname(s) of the author(s): Enter first (given) name, and last (family/surname) name for each author plus institution/affiliation. One person must be identified as the presenting author and should be listed in Bold.
9. The presenting author’s name should be in bold.
10. The affiliation details of all authors [Institution/hospital, city/town, state (if relevant), and country] should be typed under the names, with the corresponding indices. Please do not list the department/branch in the institution/affiliation field.
11. Content of the Abstract: Titles, authors and authors’ affiliations are not included in the 300 word limit. The abstract must contain a brief statement of the objectives of the investigation, the experimental methods used, the essential results, including data and, where appropriate, statistics, and the conclusions. Especially for case studies, the abstract must contain a brief statement of introduction, case description and discussion.
12. Abstract Text: All abstracts should be 300 words or less. When composing your text, be sure to use a word processor in order to save your abstract in advance. Do not include your title or authors in the abstract text — these items will be collected separately. Do not include references. If the abstract is based on research that was funded entirely or partially by an outside source, then be sure to enter the appropriate information (funding agency and grant number if applicable). Tables are permitted but should be simple and concise. Graphics/images are not recommended unless they are integral to the abstract and should be limited to no more than one or two.
13. Changes: Changes, additions or corrections will not be accepted after the abstract submission deadline.
14. Inconclusive Abstracts: Abstracts having insufficient data or including phrases such as “the conclusions are to be discussed” or “the evidence will be presented” etc. will not be accepted.
John Star1, Maria Papadopoulos2, Steve Smith1
1 St. Mary’s Hospital, London, UK
2 University of Athens, Athens, Greece
Objects of Investigation:
- August 30th, 2023: Abstract Submission Deadline
- September 15th, 2023: Notification of Abstract Acceptance
- October 12th, 2023: Oral Presentation from 9am to 1pm
- October 14th, 2023: DDS Call for Posters Awards